Write a program called WordGuess to guess a word by trying to guess the individual characters (Also called hangman).
Fulfill the following requirements:
- The word to be guessed and the maximum number of fails shall be provided before the process of guessing begins.
- The word must only contain letters. If the word is invalid ask the user again until the word is valid.
- Ensure that the person who plays the game cannot see the guess word which was typed in before the game started.
- If the number of fails is invalid or negative ask the user again until the number is valid.
- After each guessed character print the number of fails or print a hangman which represents the number of fails.
- If the word was guessed correctly or the maximum number of fails are reached tell the user how the game ended.
Example Input / Output
The following console log shows an example of the different events which took place while playing the game:
Type in the word to be guessed: te!ting The guess word is invalid (Only letters are allowed) Type in the word to be guessed: testing Type in the number of allowed fails: -3 The number of allowed fails is invalid (The number has to be positive) Type in the number of allowed fails: 3 The guessing begins: Type in one character or your guess word: t t _ _ t _ _ _ --> 0 / 3 fails Type in one character or your guess word: g t _ _ t _ _ g --> 0 / 3 fails Type in one character or your guess word: b t _ _ t _ _ g --> 1 / 3 fails Type in one character or your guess word: e t e _ t _ _ g --> 1 / 3 fails Type in one character or your guess word: testing Congratulation! You guessed the word with 1 fails